The New Year is here and during this time of the year in most parts of the country, winter season is in full force – meaning drivers should winterize their cars to keep them running smoothly. In Tampa, while the climate remains mild, it’s still important for auto owners to service their cars with seasonal maintenance.
From oil changes, to checking tire pressure, Parks Lincoln of Tampa has a list of the top five New Year’s resolution maintenance items to help you stay on the road longer this season!
- Check Tires. It’s important to periodically check the condition of your Lincoln’s tires. Ensure all tires are properly inflated, as well as obtain good tread. Reference your owner’s manual for the appropriate psi levels.
- Change Oil. Has your auto’s oil been changed recently? Engine oil should be checked monthly, with oil changes as recommended by your owner’s manual or local dealership.
- Replace Wipers. It’s recommended to replace your wipers at least every 6 months. If you notice any wear and tear or loss of flexibility, be sure to switch out your wipers immediately.
- Check Battery. Having starting problems are never fun or convenient for anyone. If you haven’t already done so this season, have your battery checked to make sure its fully charged. To help extend your battery’s life, occasionally treat your battery and clean it to keep electrical corrosion at bay.
- Inspect Brakes. One of the most important safety features on your Lincoln are the brakes. Stop by Parks Lincoln of Tampa or your local car dealership and have your brakes inspected by a trained technician.
While there are more maintenance procedures to follow, these five tips will give you a jump start on maintaining your car this season. If you will be traveling to colder climates, check your antifreeze and be sure you use a 50/50 mix to avoid freezing. When it comes to taking care of your Lincoln don’t wait until you start to notice issues, prep your car and stay a step ahead and on the road!
Schedule your next service maintenance appointment at Parks Lincoln of Tampa. Use our online scheduler or call, (888) 467-4907. To help you save money this season, visit our parts and service specials.